Open call for the Pavilion of Finland at the Venice Biennale 2019
Frame Contemporary Art Finland invites proposals for the Pavilion of Finland at the 58th International Art Exhibition – La Biennale di Venezia in 2019.
Who can apply?
Proposals may be submitted by a curator working together with an artist or vice versa. The curator and the artist can be an individual or a collective. The project must include one or more artists who are Finnish citizens or based in Finland.
What are the requirements?
- A curatorial statement describing the relevance of the artist(s) in the context of Venice Biennale.
- The project must have a curator with experience in curating international exhibitions and managing complex projects, budget control and project reporting, and who is committed to realising the project within the agreed schedule and to participate in meetings with the artist(s) and with the commissioner.
- The artist(s) must have significant exhibition experience in Finland and/or internationally.
How do I apply?
The proposal shall include in pdf form:
- A concise outline of the proposal (max 5 A4);
- The name and CV of the curator;
- The name, CV and portfolio of the artist(s).
Send your proposal to Frame Contemporary Art Finland by 10 January 2016 11.59pm (GMT +2) by email: All supporting material must be stored online and cannot be sent by post.